Wombat Books Illustration Challenge 2023
Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Entry
1. To be considered for entry, participants must purchase one of the previous Illustration Challenge books by Wombat Books. Proof of this purchase, in the form of a receipt, must be included in your entry.
2. Entrants should retain proof of their paid entry fee, and Wombat Books reserves any right to request such proof throughout the duration of the competition and during judging.
3.Wombat Books offers a School Pack, to allow schools to purchase one pack that covers the entry fees of all their students. For more information on this, please see the competition details on the Wombat|Rhiza website.
4.Participants must be Australian students aged 5-18 years of age at the time of entry. Home-schooled students will also be considered.
5. Individuals can still enter if they have previously been included in a winning collection as a result of another Wombat Books Illustration Challenge. Individuals can also still enter if their family members have been included in a previous winning collection. Each work will be considered solely on its merit and how it gels with the rest of the book.
6. Entries must be the original work of the participant.
7. Entrants may submit more than one illustration and are not required to purchase more than one copy of the entry fee Illustration Challenge books.
8. The Illustration Challenge for 2023 closes on the 1st November 2023 and must be post-marked by this date to be considered for entry. No entries will be considered once this date passes.
How to Enter
9. Once a participant has purchased an entry fee, submissions must be mailed to our address: PO Box 302 Chinchilla 4413.
10. Please include a completed entry form with each submission. This form is available on the Illustration Challenge information page on the Wombat|Rhiza website.
11. Entries emailed instead will be deleted and not considered.
12. Submissions must follow the suggested formatting guidelines or risk not being considered for publication.
13. Submissions will not be returned to participants once the competition ends.
14. All illustrations will be reviewed confidentially and judged by the publishing team at Wombat Books. Decisions made by this judging panel are final and no negotiations will be entered into.
Copyright and Privacy
15. All work of a participant belongs entirely to that participant and their works will be reviewed confidentially. Participants retain copyright of their work, with selected stories receiving an agreement for use of their work in the final collection.
16. Winning entrants will have their illustrations published in a picture book by Wombat Books. They will also receive two free copies of the picture book.
17. No cash alternative prizes will be offered in lieu of declared prizes. Prizes are not transferable.
18. Winners will be notified by email. Please not that it can take up to 7 months after the close of competition for all artwork to be reviewed.
19. Winner of this competition will have their names published to the Wombat|Rhiza website and related social media platforms.
20. Winners are to keep results confidential until promotion occurs. All entrants will be notified whether they will be included or not.
21. Wombat Books and Rhiza Edge reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of Wombat Books and Rhiza Edge’s control. Any changes to the competition will be made known to entrants as soon as possible.
22. Wombat Books and Rhiza Edge are not responsible for inaccurate competition and/or prize details supplied to any entrant by any third-party connected with this competition.
23. By entering the Wombat Books Illustration Challenge, entrants are declaring acceptance and agreement of these terms and conditions.