What do you have to do?
Write a creative and exciting story that engages with our themes. Word count to be between 2000 and 5000 words.
These stories are to be fictional and appropriate for teens through to adults to read (12+ stories). This means limited swearing, stories that will be able to sell to schools. Please age and voice your characters appropriately.
Submission details for theme one for 2021 are as follows.
DUST MAKERS: Short stories considering our impact
Dust Makers is a collection about our impact on the world around us. With a focus on simple sustainability, care for the environment and for each other, these stories consider the impact we have on the spaces we live in and the legacy we leave for the future. We want it to be about our consideration of what is around us and what we leave for the future. We want the stories to be contemporary, historical or futuristic with consideration of the impact we make on our environment and on one another.
Things to consider:
- Keep them clean and appropriate.
- We aren't looking for romance.
- We are looking for teen and adult writers alike and will edit the best concepts to improve stories.
- We are looking for a holistic collection so stories that fit the theme the most and then gel with the rest of collection will be the most likely chosen.
- Stories must suit all students in high school, which means age 12, and up,
- Stories can be designed to provoke thought around the Australian curriculum.
To be edited by Penny Jaye and RA Stephens
Competition entry fee:
School or Uni Students/Pensioners: $10 Use code 10DISC to get the discounted price.
School Entry Price: $55 (inc GST) for as many students as desired. Schools please email us for information so you don't pay $10 per entry. Schools will provided different instructions if sending a colleciton.
Adult Writers: $14.30 (inc GST) per story
Email your entry with your name, phone, email address, postal address, school (if student) and title of story in the body of the email. Stories are copyright to you. Selected stories will receive an agreement for use of their work in the collection.
Please send your entries with all details to email@example.com